Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Addie!

It has been a long time since I last posted but I haven't had much time. And when I do have time, I haven't really wanted to. But a lot of people have been asking how our trip to Missouri and Addie's birthday went. I am sorry! Here is a condensed quick catch up post.

The flight to Missouri was easy! Addie slept most of the way on the plane and the 2ish drive to St. Robert. It was nice to get away and get out of our normal routine. We were able to hang out with friends and get business for the foundation done. We had a birthday party in Missouri. Addie had a lot of fun! We blew up a lot of balloons and she had fun chasing them. Her party wasn't on her actual birthday - I think it was a little over a week before. She started walking a lot on this day.


It was so nice to spend time with everyone and to visit Missouri. Addie learned to walk there and to high five. It was great to be around wonderful people who love us.

The flight back was not so good. I was completely stressed out because the flight went in this cycle: Addie crying, Addie using me as a bouncer/playground, Addie wanting to pull on the chair in front of us, Me telling Addie no, Addie crying. Over and over again. I think she fell asleep for 30 minutes. So we were those people. So sorry to the people on that flight. I did everything I could to keep my little girl happy.

After we got back home we had a couple of days to settle before my sister came. Jess had to get surgery on her ear. My friend, Jenn, watched Addie overnight and Jess and I went to Seattle the day before. It was weird being away from Addie for so long. I enjoyed it but then I felt guilty for enjoying it. Jess' surgery went well and we were able to spend a lot of time at home relaxing. It was nice to be at home to figure out our schedule. Addie has completely changed when she wants to nap (if she even does now). Nursing is just once a day now! Crazy to think that a short couple of months ago we nursed 5-6 times a day. And now it is just one. Uno.

The last year has been crazy! It really is true that they grow up too fast. Addie is now walking all the time and is almost running. I guess we will see if I lose weight chasing after her! I always wondered about that when someone said "Oh I lost a lot of weight chasing after my kids". It could be the next exercise fad! Addie is starting to talk and can hand things when I ask for them. She enjoys being read to and has a funny personality and sense of humor. I love spending time with her and can't wait to see what the next year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment