So it has been awhile. But with Christmas and family visiting, I really didn't have the time or energy. Speaking of, Addie is a ball of energy pretty much from the time she wakes up until the time she needs a nap. Her new thing now is to take all of her toys out of the bin and throw them around. I've decided to just let go and clean it up at the end of the day. I used to clean up whenever she took a nap but really, it is counter productive. The second she gets in her play area, all the toys are scattered around the floor again.
Her big achievement? This happened a week before Christmas. We were all hanging out and then all of a sudden, Addie stood on her own for almost 10 seconds. Just standing there. It was so cute because when she fell she clapped for herself. She is getting better and better at it. She hasn't tried to take steps without holding anything because she does not like to fall. Well, unless she is throwing a fit. Oh wait, I thought this was supposed to happen around 2? This is an area that she has decided to excel in. I make her stop pulling all of her diapers out of the diaper caddie? Throw yourself on the floor in a crying fit. I set her down to grab something from outside of the play area? Meltdown city. Jamie and I are not reinforcing it and we have been ignoring when she throws a tantrum. So far? Not working. I knew she was feisty but she takes feisty to a whole different level!
I don't want to paint the wrong picture for you. She is a happy little girl 95% of the time. Tantrum throwing is usually right around nap time and is a good indicator that she is ready for sleep. She loves to be chased and that is our new favorite game. Usually after bath time we will play chase for a good while before getting ready for bed.
It is so crazy that Addie is now 10 months! In 2 short months she will be a year. I am excited but also sad. I think we are going to do a small celebration before Jamie leaves. Jamie really wants to see her eat cake so she will get a good practice round before the actual day! I will post pictures of her eating her practice birthday cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment