Wednesday, January 26, 2011

29 Weeks

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotion for me. Emotional is an accurate word to describe me at the present time. But I don't want to be! So I've been fighting it, which makes it worse honestly. Kind of like the elephant in the room it is just there, hanging out. Waiting to pounce - ok maybe trample. Elephants don't pounce.

But! Once again I am truly amazed by my Lord and Savior. I will get to why but let me back up just a little. I help out with Awana and one of the lessons was talking about how we are to be filled with the Spirit. It explained that one of the ways to do this is to know and obey God's word. And I realized that I read God's word but do I truly know His word? Yes and no.

So my challenge is this...For 30 days I've given up TV - my main distractor these days since I am completely exhausted. I found a book called "100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know By Heart". If you know me, I am a structure kind of girl. I like plans, I like things laid out and this book is perfect! So my goal is 100 verses in 30 days. Right now I'm on day 7 and it is fun! I've learned so much in 7 days and although it is a HUGE challenge with pregnancy brain at times, it is a million times better to do than watch TV.

So back to where I was...sitting in a room with my emotions. And then this morning during my devotional time one of the verses I memorized this morning is
"Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me." John 14:1 I realized that I was allowing my emotions to control me. I've been so consumed with trouble - Alyssa, the foundation, finding a new place to live, work...I mean this elephant was getting bigger and bigger. And then this verse. It's amazing how something so simple - one verse - can lift the weight of everything and restore peace.

So. 29 weeks. I am filled with joy and hope. Not trouble. I think back to Alyssa and I am filled with gratitude. Nothing is accidental. Believe in God for He loves you and is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment