Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and 20 Weeks!

20 weeks! Woo hoo! Can I just say that time has gone by so fast? It feels like just the other day I found out I was pregnant and now we are eating turkey and pumpkin pie. 16 weeks to go! For those of you who don't know I will have Adalyn at 36 weeks (37 at the most). This is because of the emergency c-section with Alyssa. I can't go to 40 weeks. It also means that I will have another c-section. Just to clarify. :)

We went to Columbia to bring more gift cards and meet our second family. God has blessed us in so many ways. We've met a lot of people that support and encourage us. He's also given us a way to help others and reach out. It's just awesome!

We spent Thanksgiving with our friends that we met while we were in the NICU. They donated the diaper bag and invited us for Thanksgiving dinner. It's so nice to be able to see their daughter grow - she's walking and talking now! Crazy and I can't help but wonder if Alyssa would be doing the same.

When we went to the NICU, the social worker gave us a CD of pictures that were taken the day she passed. I don't remember someone being in there when we were holding her or anytime before but I guess someone was. I haven't looked at them - I can't bring myself to right now. Maybe one day.

In other exciting news, Jamie felt Adalyn kick! I mean how awesome! He didn't believe me when I told him that I felt her kick from the outside. He swore that she was too small. But he felt her kick 3 times! I didn't say "I told you so" but I couldn't help but think it! I'm so happy he was able to feel her. He never felt Alyssa kick and I was hoping that he would feel Adalyn. He felt her on Thanksgiving day - isn't that awesome? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment