No this post isn't an introduction to prayer or how to pray but rather to pray first in every situation. Back in April Jamie got me a charm bracelet with a heart locket that has Alyssa's initials engraved on the back.
I had a lot to do today and I remembered putting my bracelet on and the locket was there. I went to the bank, the commissary and the shoppette. When I got home I started to put away the groceries and wanted to start working on the cupcakes I am taking to Jamie's work tomorrow. I went to take off my bracelet and the locket wasn't there.
Upset is such an understatement. I called all the places I went to, hoping someone found it and returned it. I couldn't remember the last time I saw it. I even called USAA to see what I had to do to make a claim on our valuable personal property. I didn't want to make a claim yet - I was going to wait a couple of days to see if it would turn up.
Funny how I did all this before I prayed. After crying on the phone with the USAA rep a small voice asked me if I had exhausted all my options. I realized that the first thing I should have done was prayed. I was so frantic to retrace my steps that I didn't even think about asking for help.
I prayed and I asked if I could find it or someone honest would find it. After praying I felt better and decided to make the cupcakes. After I finished I started to straighten up around the house. When I went to put away some purses I had dragged out, I heard "Look in the laundry basket". And there it was! It had been in my house the whole time, even before I left the house.
I don't know why I always try to fix the problem myself before praying. You'd think I would have learned by now! Another lesson in Prayer 101.
No comments:
Post a Comment